Survivors with Children Workgroup
This statewide multidisciplinary workgroup
- Looks at how state law and policy helps and/or hinders safety of victims of domestic violence and their children;
- Educates leaders on changes in law and policy when needed;
- Receives input from “front-line” workers on effective strategies, emerging issues, and areas of concern;
- Develops cross-disciplinary training on the co-existence of domestic violence and child abuse;
- Produces guiding principles for working with families experiencing domestic violence in a way that supports and creates safety for victims and holds batterers accountable for abusive behaviors.